Your Harcourts agent has only one aim when you sell your property…to do everything possible to sell it for the best possible price within the shortest possible time. This process starts by selecting the marketing option that best suits your home. With the extensive list of strategies out there today used to sell a home, there can be some confusion on which path to take. Let your Harcourts NV1 real estate agent guide you through to the best option for you. Take a look at some things to think about before listing your home:
- Harcourts Exclusive Listing - By exclusively signing with Harcourts your home is immediately entered into the local MLS and our extensive international database, gaining exposure to over 5,250 agents in over 780 offices internationally. It is also featured on our website and many other syndicated sites. An exclusive listing contract avoids the frustrations and lack of action so often experienced when dealing with a number of different real estate companies. It sidesteps the conflicting agendas, different procedures, and maintains a strong branding for your property. Most importantly, listing your home exclusively with Harcourts NV1 Realty ensures your home is backed with the best possible resources come sale time.
- Auction - The advantages of the auction are numerous. You set the terms, conditions, and deadline. You agree on an undisclosed minimum reserve price of which you will not be required to negotiate downwards. There’s also the very real possibility of acquiring a higher price – especially if keen buyer interest promotes competition. You will also attract only genuinely interested, cash-in-hand buyers with no subject to sale or subject to finance uncertainty. There is even the opportunity to accept offers prior to auction day. A positive statistical sales rate coupled with the property being on the market for such a short time, have many regarding auctions as the most successful ‘non-price’ method of selling. Auction marketing motivates genuine buyers to act. It’s also the least disruptive and intrusive method because you only need open your home at times which suit you best.
- The Price of Success - The most difficult task for sellers is determining the value of their home. Many different elements can combine to create unrealistic expectations whether it be uninformed and optimistic opinion, the cost of improvements a seller hopes to recover, or the final amount needed to realize future plans. The best method is to study the current real estate market facts and figures. Your Harcourts NV1 real estate agent will show you comparisons of other similar homes in your area, those which have sold, those which have yet to sell, and those which will represent your competition. Quite simply, the current property market determines the value of your home. Buyers will see your home for what it is and, while they may still view the property, if the price is too high, they’ll pass on your property for one elsewhere. This is backed by research clearly showing that properties that sell quickest also sell closest to their initial asking price. The price of your home must be right. Too low and you lose money. Too high and you lose buyers. That’s where the local market knowledge and expertise from your Harcourts NV1 real estate agent comes in. Their experience in addition to the Harcourts advanced information technologies, knowledge proves to be invaluable when selling your home.
- The Limits - Buyer interest is greatest for your property within the second and third weeks of being on the market. After this interest falls away quite dramatically. To maximize this window of opportunity your Harcourts NN1 real estate agent will design a marketing program that peaks during this prime period. Your property will have the highest profile for this vital time. If you have decided to market your property with a price remember that it must be valued correctly right from the outset to benefit from this initial surge of interest.
- A Realistic Return - It’s a fact that over-priced properties take longer to sell and do not attract the optimum number of potential buyers, particularly during the prime selling period. The longer properties sit on the market the lower price they achieve. After three months or more this can often be between 20 to 25% less. To ensure this doesn’t happen to you your Harcourts NV1 real estate agent has all the relevant information necessary to help you price your property correctly for the best return.
- Marketing Your Property - Harcourts NV1 Realty has an aggressive strategy for attracting home buyers to our listings. By distributing your listing information, along with photographs, to a wide array of premier consumer Web sites, we make sure that we maximize every opportunity to attract qualified buyers to the table. Did you know…89% of home buyers use the internet to search for a new home? 41% of buyers found the home they actually purchase online. (NAR 2010 profile of home buyers & sellers) Real estate agents and the internet continue to be the most important resources in the home search process.